Monday, February 2, 2009

The Shack

I just finished a book called The Shack and it is really truly a book everyone should read. As one review aptly calls it "A guy-meets-God Novel that has literary integrity and spiritual daring." This book loses all steroetypes of what God looks like, behaves like, and is like. It gives new meaning to his name as the great "I AM" and helps to personify the Trinity in ways that allow you to wrap your logical mind around it while still being amazed by the holiness of it.

I recognize that this book is a work of fiction, please make no mistake that I am encouraging you to read something written from someone's imagination. And yet the questions that rise from it and the challenges I feel have been posed to the very core of my belief system are nothing but factual.

So if you are in the mood to be challenged, introspective and moved I highly recommend this book. If you are looking for something simple, an easy read I suggest you stay clear of this one. If you need a copy let me know and I'll make sure you get one.

No comments: