Friday, February 20, 2009

When it Rains it Pours...

We are having a terrible 24 hours. Last night the fan in Tristans ceiling made a funny popping noise and all of a sudden none of the ceiling lights/fans work in the entire house. So the electrician is coming tonight, that should be cheap, yeah right.

Then I woke up at 5 am to poor Max throwing up all over my light colored berber carpet. So Todd takes him outside while I look for carpet cleaner which is very hard to do in the pitch black because of course we have no lights in the kitchen where I keep that kind of stuff!!!!

So I get to sleep in today as I work the night shift and wake up to my dog having another nasty problem, thankfully on the wood this time. We had let him out of his crate because he had been ok for awhile.

Now armed with coffee I sit down to check my email and hope for a better day than its been so far only to get our electric bill. Nasty does not begin to describe it. I usually am very private with our bills but this is of record to be noted...almost 375 dollars. Yes that is correct. Thank the Lord the electrician is coming.

We've recently had this problem where if the heater is on the hot water heater kicks off or vice versa. So you can basically choose warm house or warm shower and whatever its doing must be sucking some huge energy, combine that with rate increases and it might kill us.

And lastly did I mention I have to work tonight. I hate working nights but I dont feel like I can complain because I need them to be so flexible with the kids schedules during the school year and even more so for my hours over the summer when I work half as much as I do now!!! So I have no choice but to take it when they give me them but it really is hard to do out of the middle of nowhere and still function well at my job.

Okay thats enough ranting, hoping my next post is full of wonderful things!

2 comments:

Angelle said...

When you said you heard the pop, I thought you were going to say that the fan fell out of the ceiling. I don't know that that would have been better. :) Crossing my fingers that you have a better tomorrow.

Rhiannon said...

Wow, I think I would have had a heart attack if I saw that bill! I hope the electrician's bill isn't too bad.