Sunday, September 28, 2008
Anyway here's a picture of a van like ours, same color and all!
First stop - Starbucks of course. The pumpkin spice latte is out so I can talk even mom into splurging! Next stop - IKEA. No there is not one close, yes I am driving to Orlando to go there, and I can't wait. I love that store. And today I am on a mission to bring home a new twin bed for Tristan. I was so sick of his bunks, a friend is coming to get them today. For his birthday he got a new quilt/room theme and when I bring the bed home we'll get working on the transformation. Last stop - Steve and Barrys. Sarah Jessica Parker has her new fall line out and its supposed to have coats, button down shirts and some new pants all for 8.98.
Back later to share my purchases!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Okay maybe not superwoman since I imagine that she does not get tired and I am exhausted but do you ever have those moments when you think - wow I actually accomplished something. Well these last 2 weeks I have...
- been to 6 swim practices
- threw a 6th birthday party
- got a new car
- had two bathrooms completely retiled and one shower/toilet replaced
- read 5 books
- planned and ordered a week worth of red ribbon week events/awards for 630 elementary school students
- gotten both kids passports
- finished the rest of my brownie training
- volunteered 2 days at the school
- worked 61 hours
- cleaned all the base boards in my house (with tons of help from Todd)
- ordered all the inflatables, popcorn machines, sno-cone machines, ponies, limos, hay ride and giant projector for Wii games and negotiated prices for the fall festival in November
- went boating Sunday with my family reviving my almost lost tan
- went on a date with Todd and some friends to Bahama Breeze - gotta love an adult night out
I have been stressed with all the stuff on our schedule lately and I always feel two steps behind and sleep deprived. So I had this huge to do list and it was great to feel like I accomplished most of it which is why I posted. Most days I feel frazzled, overworked, and behind and I had to share my joy with someone. So thanks for listening!!!
Now I am off to enjoy my son's real birthday and the fact that he wants Olive Garden for dinner so I don't have to cook :-)
Monday, September 22, 2008
Charles, Tristan and Caleb in the "Birthday Bay"
A cake fiasco. We ordered this awesome jungle themed Go, Diego, Go with every intention of not putting the Diego on and substituting him with this cougar. Unfortunately when I went to pick up the cake they had no record of it ever being ordered. Thankfully I had my copy of the order form but could not wait the amount of time it would have taken them to make another. So we had to settle for a cake from the fridge and doctor it from there. Of course Tristan could have cared less, but mommy was less than thrilled!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Friday is one of my early work days - meaning I have to BE THERE, half hour away, at 6:45. It is also swim team practice and soccer practice which overlap meaning I just drive back and forth and back and forth between pool and field and pool and field. Blah! So I was thinking earlier today well at least tomorrow's Friday but decided that did not make me feel a lot better so in just one more day it will be Saturday!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Eating out at Einsteins! Todd and I had a lunch date yesterday for our E dates, the schedules have been a bit crazy since school started and so this was delayed but still nice. Todd is apparently not impressed with bagels for lunch but my ham and swiss melt was delicious! And the kids both being at school meant time for just the two us but no waiting until 9:00 and no babysitting fees, what a great concept. So the alphabet dates are back on track.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
good behavior and being the best boy cutter in his class (?!?) which was good for his self esteem as Tori has gotten a million of them over the years.
- Tori is still bumming about the lack of friends in her class but is very excited about gifted, they are taking a field trip to the beach this year and working on some clean up project. She is enjoying swim team but proclaims it "so much work". (Honestly it really is, they do like 8 50 yard swims, a variation of pushups off the side, kickboard breathing, etc for an hour straight M, W, F!)
- Todd is still a computer guy. We are officially in fantasy football season. That about sums up his life.
- My job sucks. My schedule sucks. Their is a change of administration from an outside company to the hospital admin itself and to say the transition is not a smooth one is a gross understatement. The rest of my life consists of a ridiculously large amount of chauffering and assisting in childrens activities. I think being a
"suburban soccer mom" may be overrated. I absolutely love my kids and want them to be involved and all but what happened to sports that were one night a week for 3 months of the year!?
- Max is his usual adorable self. Unfortunately he has a barking problem between 3-4:30pm and again at 8:30 pm. Apparently he thinks he should be the center of the universe at those times.
- The car search, not going well.
- The highlight of my week: Thursday our bathrooms are being updated. No more 1 inch tiles. Its like a dream come true. Our walk in shower is going to be all new - tiles, glass doors, hardware, etc and a new toilet. The kids bathroom will just have a new tile floor but did I mention they won't be one inch tiles?!?
- Last, and pretty much least but still fun, I FINALLY got the twilight book. Yep I'm behind all of pop culture but what else is new? Its a little thicker than I had imagined but these things happen
Friday, September 5, 2008
Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at Starbucks. For those of us still in ridiculous summer heat it's the best way to remember that fall really does exist and for those of you whose temperatures are just beginning their descent is a great way to stay warm! They should really pay me to promote them. Yummy!
A couple months more and gingerbread will show...yep the official start of Christmas in my world.