Thursday, February 28, 2008
- Max is being neutered today.
- Tristan has his first tball game Saturday morning...
- Which means Todd coaches his first tball game.
- Tori has girl scout camp this weekend...
- Which means I do too.
See y'all Monday - hopefully with some fun, not cold and wet, pictures!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Looking for somewhere to give check out these options!
World Vision is saving lives one child at a time. Through the sponsorhip of a kid you can help save a whole generation in an African village, island city, or even in the poorest parts of India. Meet Maheswari.
For only 20.00 you can buy a poor third world country family an entire flock of ducks that will provide eggs, meat and a higher crop yield by going to Heifer International. You can also choose to provide a heifer, llama, pig, chicks, bees and more.
At Kiva you can help support entrepeneurs around the world. Your donation goes towards a business loan to help men and women start businesses from farming to clothing sales internationally.
Buy a handmade bead necklace from TAPP. The money you spend will go to support the woman and children making the necklaces as well as AIDS prevention programs in Uganda and medications for those already infected with HIV.
Monday, February 25, 2008
I know that some people think I am uptight, or tense or whatever. But I am just a fairly serious person. I enjoy life, have fun, can laugh easily and so I am not really all that worried about what other people think. I have never been one to enjoy "double dare" like games, video games, or making a fool of myself.
So we went to a childrens place this weekend and I was shocked by the sheer amount of people that were playing like they were elementary school aged. Now if you want to, have at it but not at the cost of my kid! It ticks me off when I see my son waiting to play ski ball or something and some adult goes before him - what?!? Face facts...
This is where a kid can be a kid. Not an adult can be a kid.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Here's the sad mommy part - his first game is now next Saturday, while I will be an hour away at Girl Scout Brownie Camp with 10 crazy little girls. It breaks my heart that I cannot be there. I knew this day would come since we have 2 kids and I can only be so many places but it still is sad.
And I got no pictures today - they took pictures under a tent but I could not take them because it was raining. So no pics for a couple of weeks either :-(
Need a great new accessory for your little one? Or a super special and unique gift?
Check out these personalized towels...completely custom. You pick the colors, theme and name and for a great price. Check 'em out!
Custom Kids Beach Towels
Thursday, February 21, 2008
1. American Idol is back! Love it.
2. Apple Juice Lite by Motts - its good, not soda, and a low 70 calories. Not to mention I can't drink it fast so its last my whole night at work making me feel like I am eating/drinking without wasting a million calories.
3. Perceptivity Studio - an old friend's new venture - she is AMAZING at what she does.
4. Etsy, the new ebay for boutique childrens clothing, where I have a new shop.
5. Swell by Moda, a new fabric line I just got in the mail and can't wait to make something out of.
6. T.A.P.P an amazing charity that is helping people in multiple ways including providing a way to earn an income and AIDS prevention in Uganda and other African countries
7. USA Today Daily Puzzles for the crossword junkie in me who is also learning to love Soduku
8. TAZO chai tea, available in the grocery store, add milk and heat and it tastes just like Starbucks Chai Latte for a tad of the price and easy at home convenience
9. Cody's Roadhouse is an old favorite for me - they have great deals too!
10. Samoas. They arrive tomorrow (thin mints too). Lord give me the strength to resist eating too many!
- we had 16 Baker Acts (thats 16 people who want to harm themselves or others)
- a guy run out the doors trying to "escape", 6 of us chased him down, he got in a swing at one nurse breaking his glasses and making his eye bleed and then got hauled off to jail
- another guy in restraints
- one guy locked in our "padded room" after he managed to threaten our entire staff and tried to whack me with his dinner tray
- lady who stepped out into Hwy 54 traffic, got hit by a car, and still medically was stable enough to come to our unit (seriously this is the worst choice of suicide attempts)
- the most intoxicated/high man ever known (23 beers, 12 xanax, cocaine, marijuana, and an entire bottle of tylenol pm) that lived to tell about it
Good news - the full moon has passed and I am officially off until Monday! Now to catch up on sewing orders!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
"while sliding down the pole on the playground Tristan whacked his eye"
Whacked his eye?!? Very professional. He is in fact fine with the tiniest cut at the corner of his eye and some slight bruising underneath his eye that you have to look for to see.
Monday, February 18, 2008
After only 2 hours of sleep (oops forgot the kids were off today, had to work last night) I filled up on invigorating chai tea and off we went. The kids saw a chick be born, made their own butter, planted radish seeds and saw tons of animals. We of course had some fabulous fair food for lunch, aka corn dogs, ice cream and strawberry shortcake. Then we hit the "infomercial building" where Tori scored some really neat new nail polish pens and Tristan realized the fair had nothing for him (a promised pit stop at Sports Authority on the way home for new cleats made this better). So a long fun day was had.
We walked into the house and it poured. Good timing!
This is the kids with a holstein cow - the kind my grandparents had tons of when I was a little girl - yep I can milk a cow with the best of them!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Want one for yourself? Could double as a diaper bag! Check out the Keeta Collection by seller mit*lauve.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Okay so thats how I remember playdates. I think I blocked out the reality.
The kids have friends over who want to play something they dont and then they have to have a big discussion that I usually have to step into. Then I reexplain for the nth about compromise - play one thing for a while then the other. Then the child who does not have a friend over is "soooooo bo-red". Its funny how bored becomes two words when whined!
So I teach compromise, come up with fun things to do with a friend, entertain the bo-red one and get NOTHING done. Meanwhile the dog is running circles around everyone.
And as I drop the child off or they get picked up the next question is always "when can we have another playdate?"
Off to find some Advil.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Happy Birthday Nana!
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Air, um stick?, guitar!
The attitude smile we see most often these days.
I look sad or mad but really Todd was just driving me crazy :-)
Friday, February 8, 2008
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
- Tomorrow is the big day that Tristan has his first school friend over without their mother for a playdate. He's getting so grown up!
- Tori continues to study medieval times and today practiced being a lady learning her Roman numerals. She came home knowing 1-20, 100, and 500.
- I FINALLY got a schedule, an odd one but a set one. I will be working Mon-Wed from 9 pm to 2 or 3 am depending on how busy it is and Fridays from 8 am to 1 pm. Makes no sense but I will have decent paychecks and it does not mess with the kids schedules so all is well.
- I have lost no more weight (it might have something to do with working the last 9 days and not making it to the gym) but have not gained any either. I think I'll call that ok for the day.
- Max is getting so smart. He's housebroken (99% of the time), crate trained, and can sit, lay, stay, and watch me on command. He knows leave it, take it, and come but is still choosy about when he does them, we're working on it! (and guess where he slept last night? yep, at the foot of my bed. Todd caved.)
- I am in desperate need of a cheap and easy pirate favor...I need to make 160 of them in about 2 hours. If you have any amazing ideas please please please point me in the right direction. Its for brownie camp swaps if you know what that means!