Monday, February 25, 2008

All grown up

Sometimes being an adult is completely overrated. Sometimes you need to face facts.

I know that some people think I am uptight, or tense or whatever. But I am just a fairly serious person. I enjoy life, have fun, can laugh easily and so I am not really all that worried about what other people think. I have never been one to enjoy "double dare" like games, video games, or making a fool of myself.

So we went to a childrens place this weekend and I was shocked by the sheer amount of people that were playing like they were elementary school aged. Now if you want to, have at it but not at the cost of my kid! It ticks me off when I see my son waiting to play ski ball or something and some adult goes before him - what?!? Face facts...

This is where a kid can be a kid. Not an adult can be a kid.

3 comments:

Angelle said...

That bugs me too. Let the KIDS play, for goodness sake.

Bleeber said...

childrens place == chucky cheese?

Laurie said...

I admit, B and I have partaken in a game of ski ball or two...but never, ever have I denied a kid access!

Agreed.