Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Incident Report

When I picked Tristan up from school today he had a ice pack on his eye. Of course his teacher hurries to explain that just a few minutes ago he got hurt but they knew I was on my way so they did not call. And then they handed me this "official incident report" to sign stating where it happened, who witnessed it, time, date, location in school, actions they took and space for my signature. Then it had copies - one for me, one for his record and one for the school. Very official. Until I read the incident description:

"while sliding down the pole on the playground Tristan whacked his eye"

Whacked his eye?!? Very professional. He is in fact fine with the tiniest cut at the corner of his eye and some slight bruising underneath his eye that you have to look for to see.

No comments: