Thursday, January 31, 2008
Apparently he wanted to have a friend over like his sister does. So he gave the mom the business card from his backpack, the one he keeps in case of emergencies!
I guess it worked out for him - Ben is coming over on Wednesday.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Yep, NOW I have heard it all.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Clockwise from top left:
1. Bigelow Cinnamon Stick Tea is the absolute best hot or cold. It's hard to find though. Thanks Diana M for my box!
2. Me Bath! ice creams are amazing. They smell delicious, come in a million flavors, make great gifts and make your skin feel like you just put lotion on from head to toe.
3. Starbucks Skinny Cinnamon Dolce - fat free, sugar free, guilt free at only 130 calories for a grande!
4. Pomegranate Chipotle Sauce by Tastefully Simple adds a delicious kick to chicken and pork but also tastes great with veggies.
5. Magic Treehouse books were a favorite of mine when I was little and Tori is loving them now. She is currently reading this one!
6. Todd and I got a whole night out with grown up friends at a grown up place. We went to Howl at the Moon and it was so fun. If you like classic songs and dueling pianos this is the place to be.
7. I really dislike bowling actually but Tori's brownie troop is participating in an activity called Bowling for Books. The girls get to bowl and have snacks but also bring books to donate to the children at local children's hospitals. Gotta love a good cause mixed with good fun.
8. I am amazed, mesmerized, inspired, and blown away by the people on this show. I thought it was a terrible concept but it really is changing lives. Not to mention with the writer's strike it provides some new entertainment. Check out The Biggest Loser on NBC, Tuesday nights at 8/7central.
9. These Reebok yoga pants are THE most comfortable thing I have found to wear to the gym in a LONG time. Fairly flattering too...get 'em at Sams Club for only 13.98!
10. Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps goes on like nail polish but makes nails so much harder to break. For someone who would love to have nice manicued nails but constantly bangs them up this is perfect - get it at Target in like 10 colors!
Yesterday he decided to eat the handle off the wicker basket we keep his toys in and got no time really running outside. I am hoping the combination of the two is what kept him up all night. He whine for 45 minutes at 11:30, 1:30, 4:00 and finally I took him out of his crate at 6 where he promptly curled up next to me on the couch and slept for 2 solid hours.
So I guess thats why they say having a puppy is often like having a new baby. Oy vey.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
To which Tristan replies, "Because its winter and you are supposed to make snowmen but we cannot make any because our rain never turns to snow, because snowflakes are too short of a project and we made those last week, and because we've made tons of animals and need to make something else now."
Tori then says how she thought it was because Snowman starts with S.
Tristan said "Yeah I guess that too."
Sometimes he thinks too hard.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
her: IDK (yes she said this exactly like that, 2nd teen in one day to say it to me actually)
me: were you depressed?
her: who isn't?
me: did you take anything else?
her: i smoked some pot, did some shots, but i did not shoot anything this time! (said proudly)
me: so what are you depressed about?
her: just life
So she goes home. She denies being suicidal. Just a kid not using her brain and getting high. She made it out the front door...then she proceeded to beat up her dad in the hospital parking lot, run away, score more drugs a block away and be returned to the ER by cops - in record time - 6 minutes 33 seconds. (ER tracker has a time keeper for a million stats that runs for 30 minutes after a discharge, didn't personally time this)
Sometimes life is sadder than a soap opera.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Tori wants to be a first grade teacher. They are "more fun then second grade teachers" according to her. (Can you tell that this year's teacher is not a favorite of ours?) She would also like to have 4 kids!
Tristan on the other hand wants to be a computer guy AND manager of a Toys R Us. And he wants to have "some" kids and hes gonna get married to "someone real nice."
I have a dream...that my children will fulfill theirs.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
1 - I really want a new camera. Mine is finicky and while it came with all the bells and whistles when I got it technology has improved picture quality so much!!! I would like a point and shoot still because I dont have time to learn an SLR but I would like an advanced one that can do closeups and action shots.
2 - And a second honeymoon. Did I mention they were big wants? Todd and I had a very nice honeymoon...but it was to Atlanta. Not that Atlanta is not a lovely place but I have been there no less than a dozen times. Anyway this is a long term goal. Todd and I celebrated 8 years on the 2nd of this month so I would like to aim for our 10 year anniversary. That gives me 2 YEARS to save up for a week in the islands somewhere! Out of curiousity I was looking at pricing for various places so I could figure how much I would have to save (dont worry I added for inflation, rising gas prices, etc) and found heaven on Earth:
Seven Mile Stretch Beach, Jamaica
SEVEN Miles of Private Beach...not to mention the hiking, ATVing, sailing, snorkeling, etc they offer.
I'll keep you updated.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Saturday, January 12, 2008
I also got to meet 2 of my ebay friends for the first time, yep its weird but it was fun!
Friday, January 11, 2008
Well I have my own version of seasons - usually I say I have 2 seasons - Yay its Christmas and Yay Its Summer - but today as I begin gobs of paperwork and accounting that is more complicated than my taxes I am reminded I have one other season that has no "Yay" in it.
Today begins Girl Scout Cookie Season. They officially are on sale today. For the record I love Girl Scout Cookies as much as the next guy, and I want my daughter to sell them because it means more money for the troop, and when the troop gets more money it makes my life easier since I am the leader and dont have to work in such a tight budget...but I am also cookie mom by no choice of my own (read lack of volunteers). And that means 100 forms, 100 signatures, the collection of very large amounts of money from very small girls and the living room cookie takeover (pictures to come in February).
So alas I have decided there are 3 seasons: Yay Its Christmas, Boo Its Cookies, Yay Its Summer! May your season be filled with delicious cookies and high metabolism!
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
This brownie leader, PTA mom, fall festival planner, youth counselor, chauffering mom is over it!
And yet this teeny part of me says - those are mostly Tori's things, I should go help with something of Tristan's. Please someone teach me the word "no"!
Monday, January 7, 2008
Okay so I am looking for gym buddies - if you live in Clearwater with a YMCA membership or the potential to get one - please please please let me know! It goes so much faster when you are hanging out with someone!!!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
So Tristan has been drawing pictures similiar to the ones in his children's bible lately. Yesterday he brought me a picture that made me want to cry and die laughing all at the same time. If you are not religious maybe you won't understand this but if you are you'll know that when your child expresses love to the God you believe in its a big thing! Heartwrenching.
So he shows me his picture and says, "This is Jesus on the cross, this is a wise man crying and this is me next to the wise man, I'm sad too. Here is the bad guy laughing at him....and these are the paper towels Jesus used as underwear back then."
Friday, January 4, 2008
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Opening the gifts from Santa:
Sharing a present from Mommy and Daddy:
Max and Jake meet and love each other but not posing for a picture(probably dont love the matching Spiderman bandanas either but we got a kick out of them):
The kids trying out Santa's delivery: