Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Volunteers

I want to be a good parent and do right by my kids and like every other mom out there I want to be super mom. But come on! When did every organization in the world decide they need not only a ridiculous amount of money AND hours of volunteer time from the parents. For example I signed my son up for Little League this weekend which he is very excited about. They practice twice a week and play a game once - so I am already committing to sitting out there 3 x week and paid a very large sum for this to happen. But they still would like to know if I could please play catcher or be team mom - um no?!?

This brownie leader, PTA mom, fall festival planner, youth counselor, chauffering mom is over it!

And yet this teeny part of me says - those are mostly Tori's things, I should go help with something of Tristan's. Please someone teach me the word "no"!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Nah- you can do it! What's one more project?!?

You didn't want to sleep, did you?

Grace said...

It stinks cause you feel like it's never enough.Just go be the mom that gets to sit back and enjoy watching her son play ball. Team Mom is a full time job!!!