Sunday, January 20, 2008

Saving up...

I seldom buy myself things. I buy the kids stuff...Todd gets new video games here and there. Sometimes I get new clothes but usually more out of need than anything else (of course I do LOVE to get new clothes). But for the first time since I was a lot younger I have actual wants on my wish list! So I am saving up "my" money aka ebay money to purchase them! Ready for them?

1 - I really want a new camera. Mine is finicky and while it came with all the bells and whistles when I got it technology has improved picture quality so much!!! I would like a point and shoot still because I dont have time to learn an SLR but I would like an advanced one that can do closeups and action shots.

2 - And a second honeymoon. Did I mention they were big wants? Todd and I had a very nice honeymoon...but it was to Atlanta. Not that Atlanta is not a lovely place but I have been there no less than a dozen times. Anyway this is a long term goal. Todd and I celebrated 8 years on the 2nd of this month so I would like to aim for our 10 year anniversary. That gives me 2 YEARS to save up for a week in the islands somewhere! Out of curiousity I was looking at pricing for various places so I could figure how much I would have to save (dont worry I added for inflation, rising gas prices, etc) and found heaven on Earth:

Seven Mile Stretch Beach, Jamaica

SEVEN Miles of Private Beach...not to mention the hiking, ATVing, sailing, snorkeling, etc they offer.

I'll keep you updated.

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

We are saving for a vacation as well. I have always wanted to go to St. Lucia. Ours is more of a 5 year time line.
http://www.geographia.com/st-lucia/

LeShayne said...

St.Lucia would be a close 2nd! I like Jamaica because I want to do the all inclusive Sandals thing and they have 7 separate places that you have priveleges at...we have some friends that just went to St.Lucia and had a blast. They said the zipline jungle tour is a must see!

Laurie said...

Nice. We will not be going on any excellent trips. For a long time...

So be sure to take really amazing photos with your new camera so we can live vicariously through you...