Friday, January 11, 2008

2 seasons or 3?

I obviously live in Florida and for those of you that live here or have lived here you go there are really only 2 seasons - hot and slightly warm. I think we have 3 days of actual cold but one can hardly call 3 days a season.

Well I have my own version of seasons - usually I say I have 2 seasons - Yay its Christmas and Yay Its Summer - but today as I begin gobs of paperwork and accounting that is more complicated than my taxes I am reminded I have one other season that has no "Yay" in it.

Today begins Girl Scout Cookie Season. They officially are on sale today. For the record I love Girl Scout Cookies as much as the next guy, and I want my daughter to sell them because it means more money for the troop, and when the troop gets more money it makes my life easier since I am the leader and dont have to work in such a tight budget...but I am also cookie mom by no choice of my own (read lack of volunteers). And that means 100 forms, 100 signatures, the collection of very large amounts of money from very small girls and the living room cookie takeover (pictures to come in February).

So alas I have decided there are 3 seasons: Yay Its Christmas, Boo Its Cookies, Yay Its Summer! May your season be filled with delicious cookies and high metabolism!

1 comment:

Bleeber said...

There are only a few things that excite me more than Girl Scout Cookie time. I already sent you my order. I know it wont help my workout and diet but I am a sucker for Samoas.