Lighten Work Schedule for Summer: Check
Sign a million field trip forms: Check
Confirm that each child has multiple bathing suits: Check.
Signs of summer are closing in! With only 6 (technically 5 1/2) days of school left its that time of year again. The time where this mom needs to step up to the plate and make sure I don't have two very bored kids making me one very crazy mama. Compliments of creative friends, an awesome local menagerie of cheap things to do, and the power of pinterest I present... the Maddex Family Summer Bucket List. Its gonna be a good summer.
For the most part its self explanatory but here are few explanations if you are interested in stealing some ideas:
- Tijuana Flats tiles - if you go into your local Tijuana Flats and look up you will see lots of crazy tiles. If you bring one in painted they will put it up, at least for awhile. Think of it as the world's cheapest art gallery. Tiles are approx $3 a piece at your local home store.
- Famous Art Recreated - creative learning right here. This requires an internet search or library book of famous artists and the "styles" they represent. Then the kids can make their own painting in that same style - Impressionist, Cubist, Modernist, etc.
- Read with the Rays - this is an awesome program between the library system and the Tampa Bay Rays. Kids read books, completing certain time guidelines, get it signed off by parents and then a local librarian, in order to move around the bases. Reach home plate - get a free ticket to a game!
- Ice Cube Super Hero Rescue - freeze a giant block of ice with action figures in it, use water guns to "rescue them". In our house it will be done race style. But doesn't need to be.
- A Day in the Life Of movie - the beauty of that old digital video camera we completely do not use anymore. Encouraging the kids to find the things that are interesting or silly about their life, by making a movie about one day in their life.
- Postcard Round Up - we are going to send FL postcards to every out of state friend/relative we can think of with a request to send one back. Good way to collect postcards and learn a little more about other states! And practice our letter writing skills!
So that's it! We always love company so if you want to join us on any of our Summer Adventures let us know!
PS - its a loud and colorful list so it can be printed and placed in an 11x14 frame that will allow the kids to use a dry erase marker and check items off as completed!