Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wedding Bells have Rung!

Two weekends in a row = two weddings in a row. I have to be honest, I don't usually love weddings. I love the idea of them. But they are costly - for the people throwing them of course but for those attending as well. Gift, babysitter, a dress I currently fit into, etc...and usually its a bunch of people you don't know and you try to make conversation but run out of things to say quickly OR you know everybody and its kind of like that class/family reunion you dreaded and skipped for a reason. That being said I attended two WONDERFUL weddings this past month.

The first was for my friend Summer. Things I loved about this wedding: EVERYONE in the wedding party wore Converse Chuck Taylors in some form of teal/purple/grey, the absolutely gorgeous bay front location, the delicious chicken marsala, the lovely red wine all the way from a California vineyard I took home as a parting gift, catching up with another old friend at dinner, and above all else - the absolutely outstanding amount of happiness in that room. While the number of attendees was rather small for an American wedding, each and every person in that room was there because they had been a part of the happy couple's lives for an insanely long time and knew that no matter what we as a country allow legally or not - this was truly a celebration of two lives becoming one family. Congratulations again to the happy brides!

Photobucket

The second wedding I was the photographer. Is it lame that I still think that's exciting to say and it was almost 3 weeks ago already?!? Okay this wedding also awesome - gorgeous weather, gorgeous couple, small intimate setting. Oh and the most creative two women I have ever seen in my life creating the most amazing DIY wedding I can imagine. I mean everything about this wedding was DIY - the food, the favors, the flowers, the signs, the candle lanterns - the bride herself was wearing a dress that her mom made and jewelry handcrafted by her sister in law. AMAZING. And I think the pics came out ok if I do say so myself, and I do.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
To see more of these two lovely ladies creations check them out in their Etsy shop: Oh Koey!

No comments: