Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Live from the ball fields...

Desperate times call for desperate measures. My blogging record has sucked for awhile now but compliments of a new app it might get better!!

I am sitting on a softball field watching Tori's team warm up. I have literally spent 13 of the last 14 days on a ball field at some point. They kindly gave us mothers day off!! It's tournament season. Tristan's team is kicking butt and taking names. Tori's team on the other hand is the bad news bears version but at least she gets some fresh air and exercise!(**Update: in an unexpected turn of events they played awesome - and won - and I do mean WON - final score: 17-1**)

In other news our crazy sod is finally growing in and the yard work is, at least for the immediate future, complete. Both kids are eagerly anticipating a weekend mini vacation to see some visiting Canadian friends on the east coast as well as the end of school. Tristan is also eager to find out if he made the all star team and Tori is looking forward to middle school church camp.

We had a lovely mothers day and enjoyed family time, a BBQ, some boating and some cookie cake.

And lastly my baby girl turned 12. Twelve. That's old. I mean seriously old. As in my chipmunk cheeked curly haired baby doll has turned into this long lanky freakishly smart young woman. And I should tell you while I am completely freaked out that I am only a year away from having a teenager, I am also insanely proud of who she is becoming. Of her compassion and intelligence and her loyalty and her desire to seek God.

Well it's time to play ball so I am off!! Happy Tuesday all!!

No comments: