Saturday, February 19, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
Exciting things as of recent: We had a fantastic low key Valentine's Day with homemade tacos and "fried" ice cream. Tori lost another tooth (only one more before the ortho thinks its time for braces). We started this couponing thing and while it takes a little while and you have to be picky - I have cut our grocery bills in 1/2. I got 8...yes 8...bags of dog treats for FREE last week. And I just found out I am going to Germany next month - woohoo! I have been to the islands/Mexico but never to Europe and I am through the roof excited. Lots and lots of pictures will be taken! And I will be owing my husband for quite some time for allowing me to take this fabulous trip while he does kid duty 24/7 for a few days!
That's about it. Weekend pics to come - opening game for Tori's softball team, the Screaming Eagles and some other stuff with friends and family!
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Okat so maybe not a lion hunt...
Last year we decided to purchase FL resident week day passes to Disney. Between the flexibility of my schedule and my mother's we decided it would make for some fantastic "Pro-Ed Day" memories. And it did. But all good things must come to an end and so with a final trip we closed out our year of Disney. This was my first, and probably last, trip to Disney's Animal Kingdom. While it was well done (hello it's Disney!), it was essentially a ginormous zoo. And we have a zoo nearby that is a fraction of the cost. But it was good to go once. And we did have fun.
The dinosaurs were a favorite - both big and small. Which can I just say Disney has gotten their mileage out of this ride - that little dinosaur remind you of anything...like say an elephant named Dumbo? Or a magic carpet ride? Or maybe a sky orbiter?
The 3d "It's Tough to be a Bug" was also cute. And you got fantastic eyewear. Please excuse my mother, this was take 3 and she has this thing we call quirky eye - the camera flashes and her eye quirks!
The Kilimanjaro safari is their most promoted ride...and yeah we saw some animals up close and personal...but its really just okay in my opinion. But the kids thought this giraffe just steps away from our vehicle was cool.
And with the final trip comes a final tradition - trying on our favorite ridiculous hats. Thankfully I have the camera and there is no evidence of me participating in this craziness. But I do have Jamaican Tristan, Yachting mom, and Diva Tori documented for all time.
Friday, February 11, 2011
Tori: You know what happened today at school?
Tori: The. Dumbest. Thing. Ev. Er.
Me: Well that was dramatic, what happened?
Tori: Well, this one girl went home "sick" because this other girl asked this guy out. And the guy was her boyfriend. And she was sick about it. And you know whats really stupid? The guy probably has no idea he's either of their boyfriends. Really...this stuff should wait for at least 7th grade.
Good news though. I guess I am not worrying about boys until she hits 7th grade.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
- Tristan had his first day of gifted class and loved it. Now to figure out a QUICK service project for him...prior to that was his IEP or EIP or something plan conference in which his teacher said Tristan is a natural leader, creative thinker and has an excellent vocabulary.
- Tori made All County chorus. She is one of two representing her school at the concert on March 3rd.
- Baseball/softball season has begun. Games don't start for another few weeks but the kids are practicing, and practicing, and practicing. Which means Tues, Thurs, Fri and Saturdays are spent all the ball fields.
- We had lovely vacation - a lot of driving - but really enjoyed having the kids see snow for the first time and all of us enjoyed tubing one morning and hiking to a waterfall another. We enjoyed the time with my family AND got to see Bryan, Laurie, Ian, Chase and Gavin all in one trip!
- Middle school sign up is just around the corner for Tori, Discovery nights at the middle school start next week!