Saturday, February 12, 2011

We're going on a lion hunt...we're not afraid!


Photobucket

Okat so maybe not a lion hunt...

Last year we decided to purchase FL resident week day passes to Disney. Between the flexibility of my schedule and my mother's we decided it would make for some fantastic "Pro-Ed Day" memories. And it did. But all good things must come to an end and so with a final trip we closed out our year of Disney. This was my first, and probably last, trip to Disney's Animal Kingdom. While it was well done (hello it's Disney!), it was essentially a ginormous zoo. And we have a zoo nearby that is a fraction of the cost. But it was good to go once. And we did have fun.

Photobucket

The dinosaurs were a favorite - both big and small. Which can I just say Disney has gotten their mileage out of this ride - that little dinosaur remind you of anything...like say an elephant named Dumbo? Or a magic carpet ride? Or maybe a sky orbiter?

Photobucket


Photobucket

The 3d "It's Tough to be a Bug" was also cute. And you got fantastic eyewear. Please excuse my mother, this was take 3 and she has this thing we call quirky eye - the camera flashes and her eye quirks!

Photobucket


Photobucket

The Kilimanjaro safari is their most promoted ride...and yeah we saw some animals up close and personal...but its really just okay in my opinion. But the kids thought this giraffe just steps away from our vehicle was cool.

Photobucket


Photobucket

And with the final trip comes a final tradition - trying on our favorite ridiculous hats. Thankfully I have the camera and there is no evidence of me participating in this craziness. But I do have Jamaican Tristan, Yachting mom, and Diva Tori documented for all time.

Photobucket

No comments: