Thursday, February 21, 2008

Full moon

And the crazies were out. I completely missed the eclipse because I was drowning in work in the ER last night. I am not superstitious at all but I do believe in mind over matter. So if you are crazy and believe the full moon makes you crazier or is the perfect time to attempt suicide - well then it affects me even if I dont buy it.
Last night....

- we had 16 Baker Acts (thats 16 people who want to harm themselves or others)

- a guy run out the doors trying to "escape", 6 of us chased him down, he got in a swing at one nurse breaking his glasses and making his eye bleed and then got hauled off to jail

- another guy in restraints

- one guy locked in our "padded room" after he managed to threaten our entire staff and tried to whack me with his dinner tray

- lady who stepped out into Hwy 54 traffic, got hit by a car, and still medically was stable enough to come to our unit (seriously this is the worst choice of suicide attempts)

- the most intoxicated/high man ever known (23 beers, 12 xanax, cocaine, marijuana, and an entire bottle of tylenol pm) that lived to tell about it

Good news - the full moon has passed and I am officially off until Monday! Now to catch up on sewing orders!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Time for you to take a deep breath and relax a bit!