Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Things

I have been tagged quite a few times now on Facebook and dont want to post anything of merit on there where the whole world can read it. So this seems safer...not that anyone can't read this if they so chose but they would have to look for it...ok so it made sense in my head. Anyway I saw Angelle's post and thought a blog would be a better location for that.

1. I am addicted to crossword puzzles - I do one online almost everyday.

2. I am also addicted to books. I read as much as possible, as often as possible, and always have a list of things I need to get a hold of so that I can read them.

3. I have a dream to write a book - not a nice self help or topical book - an actual novel with a heroine and a killer - my two favs.

4. I am fascinated by serial killers and have actually studied them. I dont want one near me, but the psychology and the sociology behind their thought processes and the stories they leave in their wake intrigue me.

5. I LOVE school, but I dont feel ready to make the sacrifices that returning to school now would include - time, money, etc.

6. I find blogging very cathartic.

7. I have now read the entire Twilight saga (including the unfinished Midnight Sun) three times. It is by far the best writing I have read in years.

8. I often fight my natural parenting instincts in order teach my kids how to not be like me. I feel it would be better for them to not have OCD personality traits or be overly competitive.

9. I think Todd and I got married too young, we learned alot of lessons the hard way. I would not change it...lets just say I think that sometimes when we make mistakes, screw up the details...God makes our big beautiful picture all the prettier. I wouldn't recommend marriage to a 19 year old but am thankful that it lead me here.

10. I often feel like I dont fit in with my own friends - got married in college, had babies while my friends got married, and now have self sufficient kids while everyone else has babies.

11. My favorite restaurant is Los Mexicanos and/or Cody's Roadhouse.

12. I hate cooking. I can cook but I hate it.

13. I hate hate hate how much I weigh right now. I know "eat less - exercise more." I feel like I have no time to prepare better meals and even less time to spend at the gym. Excuses, yes, but real ones nonetheless.

14. I have a love/hate relationship with shoes. If I have to wear them I love to have fun shoes and buy more shoes than clothes. But I would prefer to go barefoot if I could.

15. I would like to live in FL for the rest of my life.

16. I had a piece of skin from my stomach removed because of possible skin cancer but I absolutely adore the sun and being tan.

17. I love my children but I hated being pregnant more than I could possibly put into words.

18. My favorite movies are classics - Grease, Its A Wonderful Life, Mary Poppins - or movies with a purpose or social statement - Crash, Blood Diamond, Philadelphia.

19. My favorite band for the longest time was Collective Soul - saw them in concert multiple times, once as far away as Texas!

20. I am sometimes shocked that I have only one friend left from high school. Though I have no doubt that she will be my friend forever in the realest sense of the word.

21. I would never allow a maid to clean my house.

22. I refuse to eat any type of seafood at all.

23. I have a huge heart for the homeless, more so since starting this job.

24. My closest friend and I often have little in common. She is optimistic to my cynicism, trendy to my traditional, spontaneous to my control freakedness...but its a wonderful match. And yes some of those are not real words.

25. I watch tv to fall asleep because it shuts up my mind.

No comments: