Friday, January 16, 2009

Today in the mail....

I received a tree.

Yes you read that correctly. For those of you that don't know, my friend Jenni McKay, is a marketing genius. She is creative, driven and excels at everything she has ever attempted, well maybe not organized sports but otherwise EVERYTHING. She is UF alumni and has a background working for some huge advertising companies including West Wayne (of Publix, Buffalo Wild Wings, Toyota Prius fame). She started on her own one year ago and has been generous enough to include me in her mailings.

All that leads back to my mail - Jenni and her architect husband Glenn - are two of the "greenest" people I know and she has been a motivation in my life to make some positive changes (changing light bulbs, recycling plastic bags, etc).

And now to plant a tree. As her latest marketing campaign celebrating her company's - Perceptivity Studio - first birthday, included a pine sapling in the mail.

So Happy Birthday Perceptivity Studio and thanks "Aunt" Jenni - the kids cannot wait to plant it!

Below: A full grown longleaf pine - ours is currently more like a bottle brush, but so cute!

3 comments:

Angelle said...

What a crazy thing to get in the mail!

Jenni said...

Oh cool, I'm so glad you got it! I just got a Google alert in the middle of the ocean telling me that my company was mentioned, so thanks for the mention, and for all the nice things you had to say about me! We're almost home now, so I will touch base with you when I'm back! Hugs, J

Rhiannon said...

That's so funny because all our 4th graders got pine saplings to plant from Achieva on Friday too!