Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Recipe Share

Okay I know some of you are amazing cooks but I am not. I just hate it. But I have to get better about it because eating out
a.)costs alot of money
b.)is not a good habit to teach my kids
c.) has made me fat.

That being said I found a couple of recipes I am sharing with y'all in the hopes that you will leave me a good healthy recipe in my comments in return!

Santa Fe Grilled Chicken Salad Wrap

4 cups romaine lettuce
6 oz. chicken breast cut into strips
1 tomato chopped
1 can whole kernel corn drained
1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese
1/4 cup Ranch dressing
1/4 cup salsa
8 flour tortiallas

Toss romaine, chicken, tomatoes, corn, and cheese in a bowl. In a separate bowl combine dressing and salsa. Then pour salsa/ranch mix over the salad and toss. Spoon into tortillas evenly and wrap. Makes 4 servings - 2 wraps each.
Suggested sides: Refried beans and/or spanish rice.

Beef Noodle Bowl

8 oz linguine cooked
3 cups broccoli florets
3 carrots peeled and sliced
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 lb beef sirloin cut into strips
1/4 cup italian dressing
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tsp ground ginger

Cook pasta as directe don package, adding broccoli and carrots for the last 2 minutes of pastas cooking time, then drain all. In skillet, heat oil and add meat, cooking until brown on all sides. Add in dressing, teriyaki sauce, and ginger - cooking until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Mix noodle mixture with meat in large mixing bowl. Makes 4 servings, 2 cups each. Side suggestions: Rice or baked vegetable egg rolls.

No comments: