Saturday, July 5, 2008

Car Shopping

We are in desperate need of a new vehicle. By new, I mean new to us. So we went shopping today because there are a lot of "freedom" weekend deals. SO FRUSTRATED!

Here's what I learned today:

- The last 2 yrs with no car payments has me SPOILED!
- Cars have 8 million options.
- Whatever you say your budget is salesmen show you cars 2-5000 over.
- I am picky.
- This is going to be a much longer process than I had originally hoped.

We saw 2 possibilities but that was about it. Not "oh my gosh we love it and its perfect for us" cars. 2 vehicles that had the space we needed, were in the ballpark of our price range, and that one of us did not hate for some reason or another. I also decided that like cheap furniture building and room rearranging should be added to premarital classes.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Good luck! My advice is go late in the month, late in the evening, when it has rained a lot, then threaten (nicely) to leave at least 3 times, because they WILL lower the price, at least a few times. :)

Angelle said...

I agree with the premarital classes. Those are things people need to practice before marriage. :)