Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nights

I started this job a year ago in September and while I really like my job I am so sick of nights! Especially when they are not regular so I have no resemblance of a schedule AND its summer so I have a grand total of 3.5-4.5 hours of sleep in the 36 hours surrounding the shift.

For example I woke up at 9 am yesterday morning...no nap, no sleep, no nothing...until 7:30 this morning. Then I got to sleep until 10 before the dog woke me, took half an hour to go back to sleep and had to wake up at 11:30 to pay the babysitter and get her out in time to be wherever she had to be at 12:30.

I got more sleep having a newborn!

Anyways my point is its killing me. I am exhausted on the day after I work which makes me terribly grouchy and quite thoroughly disgusted with my husband who thinks its all my problem. Funny but when he was working nights I am pretty sure he got at least 6 hours EVERY DAY!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Girl...did you not know men are babies??? Mark does me the same way. When Chloe was a newborn and very sick he would go out of town for 5 days every week and I was basically a solo mom. I had her for several surgeries by myself. I was also homeschooling the boys at that time. Crazy. But I wouldn't change a bit of it! I got to be there. ANYWAY...men are typically an added child in many ways. If you figure out how to change it - let me know!

Lynn