Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What?!? Continued...

So I called the teacher to express my concern that these kind of conversations are happening. (Slight tangent-it really makes me mad that for a kid to not believe in the tooth fairy and to believe in Jesus being a real person that once walked the earth warrants phone calls but kids can talk about sex and I have to call them?!?)

Which then led to this conversation on the way home from school today - BEFORE we picked up Tristan.

Tori: Bailey said that he said it again. I told her I thought there was only one S word, but she said no theres two and thats one of them. So I asked her what it meant and she told me.

Me: So what did Bailey say it meant?

Tori: She said that its when two people roll around in the bed together like they are wrestling but they're not.

Sometimes its hard to keep a straight face. So of course she asked what it really was. We went G rated for now...its kind of like hugging or kissing, a way to show people that you love them, but its only for adults and especially husbands and wives. That its not a bad word like the other S word but its a word I would like her not to use because its too old for her.

Hope that works for now!

3 comments:

Grace said...

great explanation! I hate it when parents put those conversations into older terms to their kids. Good job! What page did you find that answer on in your handbook?hehe! I am so not ready for this next stage of parenting we are facing!!!

Gumdrop*Shop said...

I thought you did a great job, Owen is 7 and I don't know how I would react. I think it has alot to do with older kids having contact with the younger ones, buses, siblings ect, not so much the parents. At this point Owens best friend is a girl, they have play dates 2 times a week- BUT THEY ARE JUST FRIENDS.

Willow Tree said...

You did a great job and you are right it is hard to keep a straight face with some of thier comments:)I am so happy that I have a couple years until I need to answer some of these questions!
Brooke