Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fun & Fail.

I realize that most people in the world work. Or at least hope to work. And I am thankful everyday for my job that let's me use my degree while maintaining the most flexible hours in the universe. Even when I am sorry I do what I do I am thankful for this gift. That being said when my kids are home for the summer and all my stay home mom friends are, well staying home, I am jealous. And I have a seriously hard time going to work.

But I love my days off. And I work really hard to make sure they are fun for the kids.

So armed with a coupon and a plan to squeeze in some errands and some fun we headed out yesterday. Got some lunch, some gas, picked up a father's day gift for my dad, and then time for fun.

So off we went to mini-golf, on the beach. Oh did I mentioned it was a zillion degrees out? I might have failed to notice until we were firmly planted in the middle of this ridiculous course in desperate need of repairs and updating, absolutely melting. But we were having fun darn it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay so it was still fun. And I got a great Tori-ism out of it which are few and far between. So as she hits the ball nowhere near the whole I say to her "Let me show you how to do it". She replies, "Okay but every time you say that, an epic fail follows." Which of course it did. And she repeats very slowly. "Yep, epic. fail."
At least she has a good vocabulary.

Sometimes having my camera along all the time is annoying but sometimes I get some great pictures. Sometimes I get hot kids that makes stupid faces

Photobucket

Photobucket

The irony of this is that it is meant to stop me and I actually find it hilarious. I get some of the greatest photos from there efforts. You know the ones you dig out to show the boyfriend/girlfriend some day just to humiliate them.

No comments: