Monday, December 22, 2008

More Holiday Fun

The kids have had their parties, we looked at Christms lights, the holiday dinner groceries have been purchased and I got to do something special with a special friend!

Sunday I went to the matinee performance of the Nutcracker. The last time I had seen it I had been in school still, working still, had toddlers and was overall exhausted before I got there. Add exhaustion to classical music and a dark theater and it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. I had seen it has a little girl and then multiple times as a teenager and remembered loving it. So going back it was wonderful to recapture what I remembered loving - the elegant costumes, the beautiful music and the gracefulness of the performers. After taking so many years of classical ballet and then having had nothing to do with it for so long it was wonderful to go back and see it done so well. Add that to lunch with a fun friend and a "no kids" afternoon it was just so relaxing and put me in the holiday spirit even more.

No comments: