Sunday, November 25, 2007

North Carolina

We had a blast on our short but sweet trip to North Carolina to see Bryan, Laurie, Ian and Chase. We had a fabulous thanksgiving dinner (thanks Angelle and Laurie), Laurie and I got a steal on sheets at Kohls at 4 am, and the boys got to go paintballing while we took the kids to Monkey Joes. Then we spent a whole day in the mountains - BBQ lunch at a little restaurant, a tour of the Linville Caverns and a couple of trails to the Linville waterfalls. We had a slightly frozen but wonderful time. Pictoral evidence to follow:

The kids on thanksgiving day

The North Carolina Maddexes in the caverns:

On the trail...

to this incredible view

The kids and I with two waterfalls in the background.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm so glad we took that hike- it made for some good pictures!

*Ian woke up yesterday morning and wondered where his cousins were. He said, "But I just need to talk to Towee and Tristan."

Tiffanyrose said...

It was so nice to meet you. Kenna is asking when she will see her friend Tori again.

Laurie said...

Hey- Can you email me that photo of the four of us? I didn't get any family shots on the hike!