Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wedding bells, umbrellas, and cardboard boxes.

Yesterday I shot my first wedding. I am a case manager in a psych ward. I should be used to pressure. I decide if people are stable enough to go home without killing themselves on a regular basis and I don't freak out. I often face violent psychotic patients with very little support at my immediate fingertips (they will come running just for the record) and still do not freak out. But yesterday I shot my first wedding. And it freaked. me. out. The idea that this is one unforgettable moment in a person's life NEVER to be repeated and you are partly responsible for preserving said memories - well Eek! The only reason I agreed at all is because A)there was another girl there hired first so the responsibility was really on her B)I warned them in advance that I had never done this, had no idea what kind of pics they would get from me, did not do indoors usually, AND did not charge them (they are former students of Todd and I's from youth group). Pics to come later...not looking at them because I have two more sessions today...well if the sky stops letting lose all this darn water...and if they are not perfect, which they won't be, it will psych me out. One...I knew I liked and was safe to look at is posted below.

Which leads to the umbrellas...so I am scheduled to take a family of fives pictures at noon today. It is pouring. Cats, dogs, gerbils and hamsters even. Really nasty. So you reschedule right? Um, first time the five have been together in 3 months and probably last time until the week of Christmas. Great. Then I have round 2 - engagement pictures at UT tonight. Please let it clear before that!!!

In other news the bank had some questions from the loan processor which I assume means that the appraisal was all good. Will confirm this because I would hate to assume something big like that and be wrong...but all is moving forward and that is a great thing. Hard to believe that August 26 (aka probably closing) is SO close. While we are not packing yet we did go through a bunch of junk and are planning a garage sale at my bro's house on the 21st. And we started collecting boxes...so no one has to stalk the nasty rear doors of Publix and Target while the house is half packed and the rest has nowhere to go! I LOVE new places - new walls to paint, new rooms to decorate, new layout, etc...but I HATE moving!

So how's your weekend going?!?

Photobucket

No comments: