Friday, August 27, 2010

The Big 3-0

My twenties have come and gone and I am officially 30. The twenties were good to me. I enjoyed a decade of marriage. The joy of motherhood - not once but twice. I graduated college. I gained a couple of sisters, something I always wanted but never had. I worked multiple jobs and eventually started a career. I met amazing people along the way and built on the relationships I already had. It was a good decade.


But I am excited about my thirties. It's like having blank paper just waiting for a good story to be written on it. Unlike my twenties I am familiar already with most of the characters and settings but the plot...well that's all mine to create. And sure sometimes God or fate or whatever you may call it, will take the pen from me and add a few pages that are not the story I would choose, but I will be there ready to pick up where He left off. Writing what He taught me in those pages.



I love a good book, a great story. So I have no educational goals, no fitness goals, no monetary goals for my thirties. I have a goal to write a great story. To have a story filled with love and laughter and friendships and family. Maybe even an adventure or two. And maybe some pictures thrown in for good measure.


To those of you that have been and will continue to be main characters - much love to you! I can't wait to write another chapter with you!


1 comment:

Jenni said...

What a great way to look at it! Can't wait to write our 30s together, just like we did half of our teens and our 20s!