Monday, August 23, 2010

Playing catch up...

I have been a bit behind recently...on blogging. Packing. Laundry. Life. So this week I am getting caught up...I hope. I mean I am.

Last week was "the last week." Of summer vacation that is. So we made the best of it. We made treats. We had sleepovers. We watched movies. We went swimming. We went bowling. We shopped for new school clothes, shoes and supplies. We did everything but pack and do laundry...which might explain why I am behind.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Despite the lack of actually placing our belongings in boxes in preparation of moving them we DID clean out a ton of junk. From crockpots too small to make a real meal in to Rock Em Sock Em Robots no one ever played with it was garage sale time. Bad timing considering 100+ temps but we made enough to cover the new rug I want to purchase for the new living room and the kids got the opportunity to have the lemonade stand they have begged for 2 summers in a row. The pictures kind of suck but it was a nice time despite the heat. It was at my bro's house with his wife, her mother, my mother and I all trying to pawn our junk off on other people!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photography stuff is still going well. Did some really fun maternity pictures with a really great pregnant woman who was open to anything - even sitting in the water in her cute dress. You can see more on the Barefoot Summer blog.

Photobucket
We also started birthday celebrations early. Thursday my coworkers hung banners over my desk and brought in a delicious cookie cake. Sunday we celebrated with family and had appetizers and cupcakes at my parents. We played games and generally chilled out. While I still have this last day left in my twenties this picture is the 27th picture of Jonathan and I celebrating together.
Photobucket
Before I end this entirely too long post - final update. The plan on the house is still to move on September 4th...we were originally set to close this Thurs the 26th but compliments of our slow moving bank we will probably have to delay that until the 30th. I know I just said we were not planning on moving until after that but I was hoping to have the weekend to paint away the horrible mural and tear down awful wallpaper and clean before our stuff got there. Oh well plan adjusted. So will keep you updated!!

No comments: