Monday, August 30, 2010

Stop the Madness!!!

Having one of those weeks that I recognize my life may have temporarily spun out of my control. Which sucks. Because I am a control freak. And I try to keep it in check and am sometimes more successful than others but this, not one of those times. Instead I have decided to tackle my stress with my favorite coping mechanisms - coffee and ice cream. So healthy.

So we are supposed to close on the house today. I have no HUD statement yet. Which means I have none of the other paperwork. Which means I am going to being frantically reading massive amount of paperwork written in legalese this afternoon prior to our 4:00 closing. It also means that I am somehow going to have to juggle my caseload today at work while trying to stay on top of the bank and their progress towards closing today.

Did I mention I have to work today? Exactly 8 hours after I got off work last night. (On a complete side note the psych population has more than doubled since I started this job - literally the madness is doubling. I used to see 5-8 patients on an ER shift and maybe 4 of those would be admitted. Last night I saw 12, and only 2 went home. We have a wait list for our psych unit. Scary really. Ok - side rant over.)

And then I just have a few other things to do...you know pack my house, work Mon-Thurs, attend Tori's open house Tuesday night, Tristan's open house AND Tori's gifted open house on Wednesday, first practices for softball and baseball and shoot some pictures of a customer I don't want to lose on Thursday night!

4 words: Coffee and Ice Cream

3 comments:

Angelle said...

Your workload this week on top of everything else is INSANE! But we had fun with your family last night and anytime you want us to adopt Tori, just let me know. :)

Rhiannon said...

Good luck at your closing! We have always had last minute paperwork as well!

Jenni said...

If anyone can do it, you can, friend! Good luck!!