Friday, March 19, 2010

Wash. Wear. Repeat.

Tristan got in the car Thursday March 18th wearing a shamrock shirt...the very same one I had laid out for him to wear the day before, you know on St.Patrick's Day. And I have a picture proving he wore it for the holiday so ????????

Me: Tristan did you wear that shirt yesterday?
T: Yep.
Me: Did you wear it two days in a row?
T: Yep.
Me: Why?!?! We don't wear the same shirt two days in a row.
T: I like it, its soft and comfy!

ITS A T-SHIRT! All his t-shirts are soft and comfy! Now I cannot decide if I am more upset that he wore the same shirt twice in a row or upset that he does not care or upset that Todd let him out of the house wearing the same shirt as the day before. But as we tell a clueless Todd about it over dinner, Todd reaches out and touches the shirt and says to me laughing "It is soft."

So while I asked Tristan to please make sure his clothes get in the laundry and not back on him from here on out I was reminded that I want to teach my kids about giving and compassion and kindness and holiness...not to care what others think or that what they wear really matters.

No comments: