Saturday, March 13, 2010

Reading List

Some great books I've read lately and highly recommend, some were recommended by other friends/family!

Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore

What Difference Do It Make also by Ron Hall and Denver Moore

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donal Miller (author of Blue Like Jazz, also awesome!)

Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane

Skinny B***h This one I would like to add a comment to - this book promotes a vegan lifestyle, that is not really going to work out for me but it has a lot of good info and easy substitutions to create other positive changes in your diet - easy subs for aspartame, white bread, etc - and the awareness it creates is good. That being said it uses "shock" in the form of cussing which was highly unnecessary and just kind of dumb throughout the book. Like they wrote it and then threw words in later to add hype. But the point is good - just read over or past the useless junk! But it does inspire change - this is day 4 without coffee, meat, sweet and low, and prepackaged snacks for me. And believe me when I tell you those first three are big for me!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Wow! Congrats on changing some eating habits! Coffee was hard for me to give up, too. Did you replace it with green tea?