Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sometimes my job sucks.

Today was one of those days.

Mother of two little girls, first grader and a preK kid, died today by means of overdose. Her kids were there. The seven year old, who had not really been told what happened yet, until her father or grandparents arrived, said "Today is going to be a very sad day for me isn't it?" Talk about breaking my heart.

Add that to 2 other suicide attempts currently on vents, one with 12 sutures, a women who believes her caretakers are trying to steal her house and they are sneaking it out pc by pc in their backpacks, and one of my favorite patients who's really sick and believes Jesus is trying to kill him. It was a long busy day and a kind of depressing one at that.

But I am employed and so I will be thankful for that. And some people come to us and get better, I will also be thankful for that.

No comments: