Friday, October 10, 2008

Todd goes Boom

My kids used to crash into each other or me or random toys and they would always say "me go boom". It was one of those cute phrases they said and grew out of. Last night Todd called me from where he had been in an accident and I left the kids with my parents and went to meet him. As I tried to tell the kids that daddy was in an accident but everything would be ok that phrase came back to me.
He is thankfully ok, saw an ER physician's assistant and while sore with some minor abrasions seems to be fine. He'll see a doctor specializing in muscle pain next week for follow up. Our car on the other hand, not so ok. Thankfully the kids were not in the car with him as the backseat was pushed in from the trunk and the front seat, where Todd was sitting, broke and snapped back to laying position with Todd still in it. See our front bumper off to the side? It was across the street when I got there, they moved it out of traffic!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh! Glad he's OK!

Laurie said...

Oh, no! Good thing you have the new minivan to shuttle everyone around in now :)

Glad he's ok and the kids weren't in the car. Small miracles.