Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rants and Raves

Ranting...
-My new van's alignment was off but of course you don't notice things like that in a test drive. Then the remote and wireless headphones to the DVD player don't seem to be working. So its in the shop, already. And I have a loaner. But the loaner van does not have rear air and its still hot, this is FL.
-The electric company decided today was a good day to change the electrical box in our neighborhood. So they turned off our electricity for 8 hours today. And again its still hot, this is FL. So I had to stay out most of the day and keep my dog out most of the day on my only day off this week. I had a nice lunch with my dad, my dog got groomed and I got very little else done.
-I stink at saying no. I recognize this and yet I don't seem to do anything about it. And usually I rationalize this is in my head...well its just a little thing, it only take a few minutes, etc. But when you do ten things that take a few minutes it adds up to lots of minutes. So on my new to do list is 25 chair packs for Tristans teacher, the snack/game list for the soccer team, decorate the PTA/Red Ribbon Week bulletin board, cook a meal for a sick mom's family of six, and attend a powder puff football game to cheer for some teenage girls who I love but still don't want to attend tonight.

Raves..
-I do love the new van.
-We sold the truck and the lady did not even try to offer less. She just bought it. Sweet.
-My dog is so super soft and sweet smelling after the groomer I could just cuddle him all night. Love it!
-Tristan's new bed is built and in his room with sheets and a bedspread and everything. The new room stuff will go up during the weekend when I have time but for now its usable and thats a big deal. He likes it, I like it, all is well.
-I am down a size. A whole size. Its my special, "I am too busy to eat real meals during the day diet and my daughter is on a swim team that forces me to hang out at the gym 3 hours a week" diet. Whatever works. To celebrate, and because I was in desperate need of more work clothes I went to Kohls, and some really cute stuff including a skirt I love that Todd says makes me look like a librarian, I dont think its supposed to be a compliment but too bad - I love libraries.
Private Practice premieres tonight. I love that show. And Life was on Monday, which I also love...and the DVR allowed me to watch it last night when I had time which is just simply amazing. I have no idea why it took us so long to get one.

No comments: