Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Morning of Follies

For the record the interview itself went great.

This morning I got dressed, pencil skirt and button down shirt, standard interview attire. Trying to crate my dog, have a treat in my hand and he jumps - nice new tear in my hose. No extra pairs of course because I HATE them. So I guess I'll wear pants. But I need to pick a bunch up from the dry cleaners and the others need ironing so the choices suck but I made it out the door looking remotely professional. Of course in that time Max has now managed to get into a nerf football and tear into no less than a 1000 pcs all over the living room floor. So I catch him, spank him, crate him. Leave the mess and fly out the door now feeling like I just ran a marathon.

Get to hospital, ask for behavioral health unit, the front desk gives directions to elevators, which floor, etc...SHES WRONG! Its a lock down unit, you have to use the locked down elevator unlike our hospital where you can get there from the other floors as well. So I have to back track and ask someone else, barely make it on time.

Did I mention the interview itself went well?! It did, in the hospital cafeteria, which I thought odd but was certainly not going to ask about. So finally he says let me walk you to the front door and we start walking. He apologizes for the room but said one of my direct supervisors at my current job was going to be on the unit and he was not sure if that would make me uncomfortable or if they knew I was there today. Ok.

So we walk down the hallway and who is walking right at us? The two people I report to currently. Awkward is not really a strong enough word. But what are you gonna do? I smiled, was polite, stood by while my boss was introduced to the director there, you know my possible new boss, as they had never met. Neat.

Honestly I like what I do for a living and really just need more consistency so its not like I am going out of my way to hide that I am looking for something else but it was definitely a bizarre situation to be in.

Doh!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

YIKES! Only you, my dear. Let me know how it turns out!

Angelle said...

Crossing my fingers for that job. Such an awkward moment though. :)