Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green

In the last few months I have made this effort to stop being such an earth spoiler. But I find it very frustrating that "they" don't make it easier! My examples:

- Light bulbs. You have to pay more for the corkscrew ones, to find 3 way and/or dimming ones is nearly impossible and they make this horrible little buzzing noise the first 20 minutes there on.

- Recycling cans/bottles. No curbside pickup here so I have to not only store them but then drive them to the recycling center myself every so often. Why cannot I not get a cool blue bin like other people?

- Plastic bags. I recycle these and want to know why if I am going to recycle stuff it cannot all be in the same spot. No plastic bags at the drop off - those have to go back to the grocery store!

I understand we need to take measures to protect the environment and the earth for our children I just wish it was not more work than destroying it :-) Ah well...as Kermit says "Its not easy being Green!"

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Well at least it's getting a bit easier to be green than it used to be. I think it will continue to get easier too, the worse shape our planet gets in! :P