Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Every mother's day we get together with family. Sometimes we out, sometimes we eat in, sometimes we participate in an activity together. But every time - we celebrate. Yesterday was one of those days when the weather was insanely perfect - the temperatures high, the humidity low, and a light breeze coming repeatedly just at the moment you thought you might be getting hot again. The water was slightly chilly but the good kind of chilly. So we gathered at the park and BBQ'd and boated and celebrated - motherhood, family, and even a birthday!

I am so thankful for my amazing mother. She is supportive and encouraging and caring and loving. Oh and silly and childlike at times. She LOVED her oddball gifts - the card that sang Mickey Mouse Club and the funky paper plates Jonathan and Taylor gave her.


Photobucket


I am thankful for my husband. Though he may be certifiably insane he goes out of his way to make me feel special - yeah today but also most other days. He makes me laugh. He makes me remember that life is not so serious all the time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am thankful for my kiddos too. Tori with her seriousness and sass, her desire to help everyone all of the time, her desire to be grown up but still act like the little girl she is, and her smile that lights up a room.

Photobucket

Tristan with his macho attitude and little boy fears, his warm hugs and caring heart, his contagious laugh and his desire to be just like his daddy.

Photobucket

And just when I was thinking how perfect and serene our day was...

Photobucket

We got the most amazing visitors, on land and sea. These butterflies played by us long enough for me to actually dig out my camera, focus and snap this picture. And the dolphins...well they were amazing. Bobbing and jumping around the boat (it's a jet boat, like a jet ski, they cannot get hurt, no blades). They came so close we could have touched them if we had leaned far enough over the side. Perfect. Some days are just perfect. Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: