Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolving...

"New Year's Resolutions" sound like something you plan to do and will fail at 90% of the time....and while I realize it's all semantics, I am not making "New Year's Resolutions" but am rather resolving to live a better life via these things:

1 - I am going to be a runner dang it. This is the year. For real. I have a couple things on my side. We now live on a loop...so I can run the loop, keeping track of the distance easily and pass my house every 2-3 minutes. Which means I can leave the kids inside alone (Tori's old enough now) without worrying. Which means I can go during daylight hours - not the crack of dawn or after they are in bed. Which means Todd is interested in running with me. And Angelle is back from NC and already running races so I can do them with her which keeps me motivated. See I told you - This. is. THE. year.

2 - I am going to save more money. I am going to cook more so we eat out less. I am doing the whole "extreme couponing" thing. I am picking up extra shifts at the hospital. We are literally saving pennies (aka change collecting!). Ebaying junk I don't need. We are blessed and live comfortably but it's always good to save for a rainy day...or a fabulous vacation :-)

3 - I am going to practice intentionality. More on this later.

No comments: