Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I am thankful...

1) For Friends. Friends we play cards with, friends we eat meals with, friends we cry and laugh with. Friends we share life with. And friends that move away.

Photobucket
This is Adam and Elizabeth and their gorgeous daughter, Leah, a recent addition to the family! Unfortunately they are off to SC to start a new adventure. Y'all will be missed!


2) For holiday favorites...Gingerbread Lattes. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Pumpkin bread. Elf. It's A Wonderful Life. Baking. The list could go on forever...

Photobucket

Photobucket


3) For traditions. Thanksgiving dinner with family, gathered round a table my mom always goes out of her way to make pretty. Playing games afterward, this year a crazy version of spoons.



Photobucket

4)For Black Friday. I know this sounds superficial but I don't mean it that way. It's the Christmas chaos I love and for me that officially starts in the wee hours of Black Friday morning, steaming mug of spicy goodness in hand and the first official Christmas carol of the season playing in my car on the way to picking out the perfect present for the ones I love...and all while remembering that I am so blessed to be able to go buy anything at all.


PhotobucketPhotobucket


5) For Holiday decorating. Nothing says warmth and coziness in a home like quiet nights at home with family and a lit tree in the background. I love taking out each ornament and remembering why we have it or who gave it to us, I love our formal tree elegantly filling up the living room. I love watching the kids carefully place the train on the track. Hanging our crown of thorns on the tree and remembering why we really celebrate. Carefully unpacking each nativity character and setting them out to let people know that in this house we celebrate CHRISTmas. I love that Todd has to strike a ridiculous pose every time the camera is aimed at him. But most of all I love watching the kids drink it all in...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


6)For family time. Made even better by Disney magic.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: