Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Fun

Okay so the balloon eggs were a total disaster and I went back to my standby holiday project - baking. I hate to cook but this girl loves to bake. And decorate baked goods. And I have taught the kids to enjoy it as well. So with the help of these awesome basket wrappers from Michael's I present the project that succeeded!

Photobucket

Photobucket


And we dyed Easter eggs...because that's what you do. And they also turned out ok though I did learn this: Organic hard boiled eggs are WAY harder to peel the shells off of then my standard boring Publix eggs. So this years deviled eggs were a tad bit ugly but still delicious!

PhotobucketEaster Morning we woke up and had delicious homemade caramel rolls (did I mention I like to bake?) followed by an awesome church service with music that just makes your heart happy. Hope is a really powerful thing.

Photobucket


We took a few pictures in the park and my parents joined us out there for a picnic lunch.

Took a few pictures but this is my favorite - a classic Maddex kid pose. The kids do one of those hand clapping things we all did in elementary school that goes something like "Lemonade, Crunchy Ice, Sip It Once, Sip it Twice....Freeze!" Not sure what comes in between. But at the FREEZE they pose like this and its so funny to see them scrambling to get there backs to each other and it makes them both laugh so you get almost genuine smiles everytime...hence the odd pose!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We played bocce ball, aka lawn bowling, and headed home to play with some of the toys the bunny brought - like this awesome 3D sidewalk chalk. You paired certain colors together, put on the silly glasses and the chalk actually looked like it was floating above the sidewalk!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I love that Tristan is again wearing the super-soft shamrock shirt! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.