Monday, April 19, 2010

Check this Out!

In an effort to make consumer decisions that have positive affects globally, and at the very least not detrimental ones I have sought out new brands of coffee, tea, sugar, chocolate, etc...making sure that these items are fair trade as I purchase them new. I also have been on the hunt for new summer clothes and have struggled to find clothes that are both environmentally friendly as well as sweatshop free produced. Apparently you can either be one or the other but not both! So I read this blog from our local paper - a fashion blog that features lots of coupons and sales and even freebies (like Starbucks, etc). And decided they would probably do better finding some local places than I could - and look they published my question and answered it!

Deal Divas

I also found this site,that well there are many more many sites whose prices start at $50 and go up from there - I just don't and can't spend that kind of money on clothes. I don't think I own a single dress over $100 unless it was a bridesmaid dress.

Fair Indigo has dresses from $40-$70 and tees from $10.50 -$28.00. Each item has the story of where it was made and what that particular project/community is accomplishing!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I love that deal diva site, but I hadn't seen your question yet. That is awesome! I am totally going to check out the South Tampa store.

And now going to look at Fair Indigo. Thanks for the tips :-)