Monday, January 11, 2010

Happiness Project: Why?!

This week's questions: Why are you doing this project? What is your history in trying to be more happy? What does happiness look like for you?

I am a planner. A doer. A woman with an agenda. I get stuff done.

But sometimes I forget to stop and smell the roses. I get so caught up in the things I need to do that I forget sometimes I need to just be.

I am not unhappy. I am just not always appreciative of my blessings. And so I decided to participate in hopes that it will remind me to stop and count those blessings. Smell the roses. Put my feet up.

Happiness is a state of mind for me - its peace and contentment shared with the ones you love. And the ability to not let the little stuff get to you - that's the part I need more practice with :-)

No comments: