Monday, January 4, 2010

The Happiness Project - Love Where You're At

My sister-in-law Laurie started a new weekly post called The Happiness Project after Angelle posted about it. The basic gist of it is that you make yourself aware of your own happiness, a count your blessings type of thing...this week's topic: location.

5 Reasons I Love Where I Live:

1. Weather - today as I write this I am less than thrilled about the cold temperatures but in general I love FL weather. It's warm 10-11 months of the year and the one month it's cold it pales in comparison to frigid temperatures around the country. I would rather be too hot than cold any day of the week!

2. Beaches - I love the beach. The sun, the sand...ok not so much the water but the sun, the sand. I love the smell, I love the sense of peace it brings me, I love the laid back attitude. I love that there are multiple beaches within 20 minute drive of our house.

3. Community - I love the community we have created here. From workplaces to church to the school I feel that we are surrounded by people that we enjoy spending time with. I like being involved!

4. Family - I love that their is a significant amount of family nearby. I love that my parents and brother and his wife are huge parts of our regular lives. I love that the kids get to know Grandpa Doug and Grandma Mary. I love that Todd has a brother nearby even if they don't get together often!

5. Entertainment - I love the vast selection of things to do as a family - day trips, mini vacations, outdoors activities, educational experiences, etc. Not every kid gets to grow up with beaches, aquariums, zoos, theme parks, and theaters close enough and with specials cheap enough to get to experience. I love that my kids are getting all those experiences in their little lives!

No comments: