Monday, June 25, 2012

Tropical Storm Downer Debby

Tropical storms kind of suck. But they suck less (and less frequently) than the 9 months of frigid temperatures and massive snow I remember from my childhood up north.

But it's getting crazy. Yesterday I got off work at 4 and home at 7. I tries to leave at 430 after an all clear from the tornado 6 miles away was issued. But after trying every spoke leading out of the parking lot only to find flooding I went back in. Below are a few pictures of the flooding.

You have to love Pasco county. Can I just tell you that while some people had tragic losses yesterday and some buckled down in safer areas there were literally dozens upon dozens of people declaring this Gods free swimming pool. Bathing suits, towels and even some adult beverages made Debbie more party than problem for many residents.

And because I work in good old Pasco ...how I got home ... Someone came by with a big old metal cutter and yanked down some chains on the old hospital parking lot so we could drive thru the shut down area to a higher surrounding road.

Glad it's passing soon!!!

Look carefully in the second picture. Yep that's a car in the middle with just the top peaking out. This was within walking distance of my office in the hospital.

No comments: