Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hit like a Mack truck.

Just wanted to "jot" this down before I forget. This past Sunday was grad Sunday at our church so the youth students/leaders form a choir and band to lead worship. And both Todd and Tori were up there. No offense to Todd but I barely noticed him this morning. And why?

Because it hit me like a Mack truck that my baby girl is so grown up. She was standing singing side by side with people who can drive. Who are applying to college. Who have boyfriends and girlfriends and jobs.

And she was singing with all her heart. You could literally see the joy of worshiping in every part of her. Her entire body was moving and she sang "bless the lord oh my soul, worship his holy name, sing like never before oh my soul, worship his holy name. " and she literally sang like I have never seen her sing before and I lost it.

You hope your kids share your faith. And you teach them what you believe and you tell them why you believe what you do. You tell them that other people believe other things and you teach them those things too. You remind them some people don't believe in a God at all. But we do. And you live a life in front of them you truly hope reflects your beliefs. But you never really know what sinks in. What they absorb because its the mantra they have heard all their lives and what they actually feel and experience.

Today I watched as my baby girl experienced worship. You can't really teach that.

So proud to be her mom.

No comments: