Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer Love

A week into summer I am reminded why it's my favorite season and the one in which i am at my best ... As a mother, as a wife and as a person in general. I have to be creative to keep everyone entertained on our minimal budget. I sleep better. And honestly the sun, and the water and sand that often accompany said sun, somehow make me a happier person. Now I am not going to lie - the laid back schedule and pared down work hours also go a long way.

We needed some haircuts Wednesday and the stylist that has been cutting my hair for a decade now is oh so conveniently located on Clearwater Beach these days. So after some quick trimming we headed out to the beach. Tristan skim boarded. Tori jumped waves. They played together happily. I repeat, these are magical words that need much emphasis and repeating, played together happily. And as every mother knows that makes me so so happy.

We also started the summer bucket list - VBS is in full swing, water balloon fight has been had and the first day of two Harry Potter marathons took place while I worked Tuesday.

Add all that to a super fun weekend including pool time with Aunt Jenni and the boys, fathers day fun and maybe even drive in movies and summer is shaping up to be nothing but fantastic.

No comments: