Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tori

I work early. So Todd handles mornings. Tristan walks to the neighbors and they drive him to school with their daughter. Todd takes Tori to the bus stop where he waits until the bus gets there and goes to work. I get off work and pick up Tristan on my way home along with the neighbor girl. Then Tori calls me when the bus is five minutes away and I pick her up. It's a well oiled machine that runs smoothly until it doesn't.

Like today. When I am in charge and the neighbor kid is sick. And then I drop Tristan off and rather drive FOREVER around the bayou I drop Tori off at a later bus stop further up the road with her friends. This time with her this morning was PRICELESS. And I remembered some awesome things about my daughter.

She tried on 3 outfits this morning. None of which she liked because they were all too hot and weather girl, she knows the forecast for every day, every day. She walks around in the morning spouting highs, lows, chance of precipitation. Weird but true. And today she was very upset because all of her warm weather clothes are not her "cool", not the temperature related kind of cool, clothes. I love this dichotomy in her - leveled headed research driven perfectionist mixed with this indecisive trying to figure out how I want to look and who I want to be girl. Awesome. With a little help and a necklace from my collection she felt she was presentable.

Today she is attending her first school dance. NONE of her friends wanted to go. None. But Tori thought it sounded fun. So she bought a ticket and planned to go anyway. And then she talked a friend into going. And while its not a big group she is excited. Because she wanted to do it and shes gonna. I appreciate this bullheadedness or this "I don't care what everyone else is doing" about her. Except when its directed at us of course!

And then I had to drop her off at a friends bus stop, or close to it so she could walk with them. And her friends saw her get out of the car and literally RAN complete with backpacks, trombones and lunch bags over to hug her. They were so excited she was there. My girl, she is a good friend to people. And she is funny, sometimes in a totally ridiculous way (ex: The pickle jar video. ) but she has had a spark since she was little that makes people want to be around her. I am so proud of her for that. Middle school can be a tough place without friends and I am so so thankful that God has brought these awesome girls into her life. Or that God has brought her into theirs.

Photobucket

No comments: