Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Squeezing In

I had this pair of jeans since right after Tristan was born and they had the hem fixed, and the pockets reattached, and the button replaced. And they were soft and they were comfy and they were just...well perfect. Except 9 years ago I weighed significantly less than I do now. But somehow I still squeezed into those jeans (they were pretty large to begin with) for years after that because I loved them.

Squeezing in is something I am getting to be an expert on.

The job I am currently working at the hospital is not my favorite - its called Utilization Review and it basically means I review each of my assigned cases with insurance companies, federal Medicare criteria and when needed the doctor to prove they are meeting standards of care to remain inpatient with us. It's good in that I have pretty steady hours, daytime hours even, and that I have learned a ton. About medications and levels of care and appropriate treatments and legalities. I am the rule girl for mental health. Oh and I am one of four (the other three being my coworkers) that the hospital makes a boat load of money off of mental health, we are the people that get the hospital paid in our department. That being said...its a tedious boring job that lacks nearly as much direct patient care as I have had in the past. And I miss it. But...the point here is that there are only four of us trained to do this. 3 full times and me who covers all the holes. But one of the full times quit and that's a big hole at the moment. Oh and the hospital had a massive move - as in everyone else moved out of the building. So our office has to move (long story) and that entails packing 7 years worth of records, office supplies, phone lines, computers, etc...through a psych ward. Awesome. I am currently working 5 days a week.

And I had an awesome photo shoot this weekend. And a dentist appointment. And 3 ball practices. And 2 youth activities for Tori. And a weekend past that gave us only a few hours at home. And a laundry stack that is nearing Everest heights.

That being said we squeezed in Valentines - between school and work and dentists and homework. We had Chili's to go, the kids got new books, we watched a silly family movie, and Todd and I just hung out last night. It was so nice.

And a good reminder that sometimes you might have to squeeze in the things you love around the things you have to do. But those moments are priceless. And like my old jeans...just perfect.

No comments: