Friday, August 26, 2011

Random thoughts and updates.

First off the venting:

- Life is highly unfair and sometimes being positive in a situation is REALLY hard. Sometimes the injustices of life are far removed from us. We see them on tv or read about them in the newspaper. But sometimes they are close to home. And they break you heart. Please pray for these things:

- B & L (my brother/sister in laws) are stuck in a foreign country away from their other children for 3+ weeks trying to bring home a little boy with DS. But the judge said no. And so now they have to jump through a ridiculous amount of hoops (they are professional hoop jumpers at this point though!) to get an appeal. And to beg another judge, hopefully a nicer more compassionate one to let them take their son home to meet his brothers.

- My friend Karen is going through chemo. And that sucks in and of itself. But a "regime" has been laid out for her of chemo and radiation and reconstruction surgery and that plan spans out almost a year from now. Being in a tough situation with the light at the end of the tunnel being sooooooo far away, well that sucks even more.

- And on that same note one of Todd's coworkers has a little girl who was recently diagnosed with leukemia. I don't know him much less his little girl. But I know what it is to be a parent. And they too have a plan that provides a good prognosis but a long haul, even longer than Karen. And the little girl is not even two. So she is in pain and doesn't get it.

So pray for them. Quite frankly I think sometimes that's all we can do.

On a more positive note:

- The kids first week of school comes to an end and its been terrific. After a few false starts Tori now has the correct schedule and is thrilled that one of her BFFs is in 6 out 7 classes with her. And she has an elective and its not band. Score!

- I celebrated 31 years this week, the 28th birthday I have shared with my brother. We had a lovely dinner with him and Taylor as well as my parents at the Green Iguana. Odd little place but yummy. And I got the most amazing gifts. Books, sheets, etc....and another rocker for my front porch (insert visions of coffee in my rocker looking at the lake on a cool southern morning), studio lights for my photography (hello newborn photography!) and season tickets to the Broadway series at the performing arts center (9 nights out in one year - I might faint!). Mucho gracias to all those who spoiled me, I feel much loved.

Photobucket

Photobucket



- House projects next and next and next, underway. Laundry room (I know its weird but I spend ALOT of time there) and bedroom and studio all works in progress. Photos coming soon.

No comments: