Thursday, July 28, 2011

Encouraged. An Addendum to Parenting.

I know that many of you that read this blog are not Christians or believers in the same faith that I attempt to live my life by. But you will never convince me that this is not a God thing.

I wrote the parenting excerpt after an entire day and night of dwelling on my shortcomings as a parent. And I had literally just finished typing and was off to see what was happening in facebook world while Tristan made dinner*. And I got a text from someone who is currently with Tori at a retreat saying how proud I would be of her, how wise beyond her years she is.

I do not think God talks to people like he did in the day of Moses and Abraham. I do not expect to hear his audible voice. But I do believe that God sent my friend when I needed some encouraging and let her be his voice. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.

Maybe some of the time I get it right after all.

*Tristan ASKED to make dinner, was super excited when I told him he could if he asked for help if he needed it, and did an excellent job!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I think you get it right more than just some of the time. Your kids are both fabulous. You and Todd are great parents.

And I do believe God speaks through people.

Taylor said...

Jonathan and I have this bad habit... when we meet other people's children we ALWAYS compare them to Tori and Tristan. We have said many times we hope we will one day raise our kids to be like yours. They are wonderful, and you are a great parent that we aspire to be like and learn from.

And yes, I do think god talks to us through others... and for that matter, puts specific people in our life because he knows we can learn from them!

Love ya sis!